AMD Athlon 64 130nm and 90nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chog

In Runtime
I am currently looking for a mobo that will support the 90nm version of the AMD Athlon 64 3500+.

Does the mobo have to have a BIOS version that supports the 90nm or will a 130nm BIOS also support 90nm?

I do not want to have to do a BIOS flash due to the fact that it is kinda hard to do so without a processor.

Thanks in advance,
Chog

I do believe the Epox EP-9NDA3+ comes out of the box ready for the 90nm and I was just wondering if there were any others.

On a side note, how would one do a BIOS flash iwithout the use of the processor?

u can't. u gotta get a processor that supports the current version of d mobo to do d flashing.

While we are on the subject.

Hey, Derfist im building a system just like you have in ur Sig. but what is this 90nm and 130nm on a CPU? ive never seen anything of this sort.

Actually some of the MSI Neo2 Platnium's come ready to use 90nm. How do you tell ? I have no clue. A friend said his came with BIOS v1.2 or something like that out of the box and would support 90nm. Newegg dosen't specifiy on their site, so it would be a risky chance on ordering and hoping it came with the new version.

=======================================

Okay, in lou of starting another thread:

I don't plan on overclocking, nor do i want to have a pain in my butt about setting up a comp. If I want a 64 3500 - 4000, will i REALLY notice a performance gain in using the 90nm, or is it just not worth the trouble I would have with it?

FYI::: - Never flashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom