AMD 64 vs. AMD XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjero

Solid State Member
Why is the 64 model so much more expensive than XP? Is the 64's newer techology worth the extra cash?

the 64 model is a lot better than the xp. amd made some major revisions to the processor architecture. in my opinion, 50-100 bucks would be worth the jump to the athlon 64 3000+.

The AMD XP cpu's are 32 bit processors. The AMD64's are 64 but processors. 2 totally different chips.

If you want to run the 64 bit edition of WindowsXP that will eventually come out:rolleyes: then the Athlon 64 would be agood choice.

Also in the future if games are writtten in 64 bits you'll definitely be up to date if you always have a decent enough video card.

Plus it still runs 32 bit applications for today's software.:)

iamjero said:
Why is the 64 model so much more expensive than XP? Is the 64's newer techology worth the extra cash?

Unless you are using a 64-bit OS, then NO.

I know a lot of people that are planning to purchase a AMD-64 (including myself). But if I don't have a 64-bit OS to run it on, then it's really a waste of money.

One of these day I will seem myself with a AMD 64-FX cpu, but I would like to be able to technology, as appose to just showing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom