AMD 64 Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer_RPK

In Runtime
Ok, I've recently built a new computer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DFI "LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb" NVIDIA nForce3 250GB chipset
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Thermaltake Fanless 103 Heatpipe Cooler "CL-P0019"
Arctic Silver 5 (to bondÂ’em)
ULTRA X-Connect 500 Watt Modular ATX Power Supply
PNY Vertro GeForce 6800GT
1GB DDR333
all put together inside an
Antec P-160
with a couple of
120mm Vantec SF12025L Double Ball Bearing Stealth Case Fans
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and it's overheating.... under load it easily hits 150f/60c
so i'm using thermaltake's fanless 103 heatpipe cooler "cl-p0019", and good thermal compound. i've re-applied the heat sink twice, first because i accidentally separated it from the cpu and a second time, recently, because i though i put on too much thermal compound on and that's why it was over heating, but it's still over heating? WTF! it's caused my computers to crashed a dozen times, under load, in the last week. I spent 40 buck's on it, but if I need a diffrent one........... then that's the way it is.......

I'm almost positive that a fanless heatsink should be used in a "fanless" qualified case.

Anyways, you know that without having any fans moving the air off the heatsink your CPU is gonna get mighty toasty, regardless of whether it is fanless or not. Regardless of noise, I don't think that any idea in which a heatsink does not incorporate a fan is a good idea.

Well, try a fan cooler. Make sure you get a real good one. It could be that your diodes are malffunctioning. When you shut down your PC, quickly open it, and take your cooler off, and touch the CPU, it should be pretty warm, you shouldn't be bale to burn anything. Get a thermometer and put it on it,

I think it's accurateÂ…. It keeps crashing, as far as a fanless qualified caseÂ….. I dunno what you mean, but your probably rightÂ… I guess IÂ’ll tryÂ’n hock this one and spend another 30-50 bucks on another heat sink?
*-EDIT-*
any recommendations??

Fanless qualified cases are generally very open cases with a lot of air able to move freely through them. As I say I don't particularily like the idea not only are you stuck on the stock speeds it's most likely borderline dangerous temperatures.

I'm sure you could fit a fan to your heatsink somehow.

desiboi said:
Well, try a fan cooler. Make sure you get a real good one. It could be that your diodes are malffunctioning. When you shut down your PC, quickly open it, and take your cooler off, and touch the CPU, it should be pretty warm, you shouldn't be bale to burn anything. Get a thermometer and put it on it,

Dude, I'm sorry man but that's ridiculous. If you are worried about your cpu overheating, you CERTAINLY dont want to touch the heatsink! Put a thermometer on it? Go in Windows, run a thermometer program to read your bios temp settings. I'm sorry man, but i hjad to.

Ryan, here: http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835101201

It works SOOO great, heard nothing but good things about it. Except for those people who wrote bad reviews, but screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom