AMD 64 need thermal compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
I bought the retail version and it has this little sticky thingy do I have apply thermal compound if the sticky pad is already on it?

Hmm I would get rid of the sticky pad and use thermal compund it will work much better. If it's already on the heatsink, use rubbing alcohol to remove it but nothing that can even barely scratch the surface or it will not work the same.

what u have there already is thermal compound... and the stuff is very weak. look into a quality product like arctic silver 5. it will make quite the difference after it has settled in.

I bought a compound...but I'd hate to screw up the HS in the process... I dont plan to OC the processor should I be worried about the temp?

if he doesn't intend to overclock, why would he need to do all that? or does he intend to OC?

No I had a bad experience ocing my 1800+ a while ago and dont plan to OC anything else......in my life

he said he doesn't intend to OC, but AS5 is great whether you OC or not, since you will have the peace of mind knowing you are trying to protect your valuable investment from the ravages of heat.

If you aren't planning on OC'ing I say leave the thermal pad on. It's made to cool that cpu within reasonable temps running at that stock speed. Yea, the artic compound is a good deal better and if you do wont to put it on you should be fine. It will be hard you screw up the HS. But I do believe if you remove it, it may void the warranty. Install everything out of the box like it is and you will be sure to have that 3 year warranty that you paid for if you bought the retail processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom