AMD 64 Bit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sPlAtOiD

Fully Optimized
I just purcheced a 64 bit CPU and mobo and This is my first time with 64 bit. What I want to know is this.
1.Would using Windows Vista 64 bit be worth the effort over Windows XP Pro.
2.Is it a pain in the ars to find drivers for video cards and other hardware with 64 bit.
Im really tempted to try vista but Im not sure if its worth the hassle.
Thank You

1. Vista 64-bit might work correctly if you meet the requirements. You need an 80GB hard drive and 1GB of RAM at least.

2. There are drivers and programs for 64-bit Windows, just look through Google.

Currently the 64bit OS's (XP64 and Vista64) are a bit buggy and have a fair bit of trouble running 32 bit applications. In the case of Vista however, that is to be expected as it is still a 'pre-release' build.

For now I'd just stick to 32bit, and purchase a 64bit version of Vista when its officially and commercially released. By then hopefully it will be able to emulate and run every program known to humankind!

(64bit doesn't actually speed all that many programs up, and is only really beneficial if you have more than 4gb of RAM)

64-bit Windows (any version) ain't what it's cracked up to be. As was said above, stick with the 32-bit until the 64-bit matures (as in gets decent drivers and the like).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom