amd 64 3000+ (s939)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0

In Runtime
Ok so straight up, is an AMD 64 3000+ plus going to be enough to run all the next- gen games like battlefield 2 and crap? im gonna build up a comp and iv got a crappy budget so i really only want what i need

well all the next gen games rely on a helluva lot more than just the CPU but yeah that'll do fine on a budget.

Get the venice core and they got nice overclockability

yeh, i know that, im getin 1gb of kinston ram, and a leadtek a6600GT. All going onto an abit AV8 - 3rd eye

You may want to think twice about getting the AV8 3rd eye. There are bugs that need to be sorted out, like not telling an accurate temperature (mine used to say 12*C - until bios flash) but now I can't overclock with the pci lock on.

I have heard the the msi neo2 platinum is a excellent motherboard if you have to hgave agp, but otherwise, DFI lanparty is the best motherboard out (only pci express graphics cards at the moment though.)

The amd 64 3000 is a excellent cpu, I have one, and I am very pleased with it.

i know the DFI's are awsome, i want one, but its to much, il check out those MSI ones

Hmm, i can't find any MSI's at a good price. How is ASUS in your opinion? i have heard some good things

Don't like ASUS personally. Bad tech support.

MSI Neo2 Platinum is the best nforce3 socket 939 AGP based overclocker right now.

DFI will be coming out with one in June, that's what I'm waiting for before I go from XP-M to amd64

other then the tec support is ASUS ok, and how likely is it that a 3rd eye will have problems?

MSI boards are very nice, my MSI kn neo 4-f nforce 4 is really nice. OCes reasonably well. not as well as DFI< but its still nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom