AMD 64 3000 clock question

Status
Not open for further replies.
However if your doing this your retarted,
You're retarded for spelling retarded as 'retarted'

You need to go on your list.

so I don't think that it can be trouble for AMD 3000 (but 64bit) CPU to run on 2600 MHz.
If you don't have a thorough understanding of CPUs speeds and how front side bus is involved and such where in gods good name would you think 'it wont be trouble' for a CPU to run 800 freakin MHz over what it's designed for.

Leave the crap at stock dude, you obviously don't have any idea of what you're doing.

Nubius stop seeing things, you need a doctor :D

And yeah, please do read the overclocking FAQ, and if not make a movie while you doubble your FSB

lol can't believe you completely removed the line instead of just correcting it.

Okay, I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ socket 939. I did in fact at one point achieve an overclock of 2.6 GHz by bringing the FSB to 290. However, my other hardware had trouble dealing with this... but you can get to 2.6 GHz. Right now, I am at about 2.3 GHz (FSB at 255 or so) with no problems at all. I only brought it so far down because I didn't notice an exceptionally huge difference and didn't find it worth the risk of overclocking it too much.

However, most importantly, when you overclock, do it in small amounts at a time and BE CAREFUL.

yeah no one said it COULDN"T do it, especially with venices, but yeaaaaah, jumping from 200 to 400....... that'd make it 3.6GHz not 2.6GHz for one not to mention you gotta know what you're doing not just think 'yeah! it can handle 2.6GHz! why not!?!' and then just toss it up there

hhh, my mistake, of course 3600, not 2600. I did read the overclock articles (I also O/C my machine a little about a year ago). And I also know that doubeling the FSB is a serious thing. But the interesting thing, the he has only two options for FSB clock in the BIOS: 200 Mhz and 400 Mhz, sounds strange, but since I hadn't much expirience with AMD CPUs in my life, I thought that probably now it is working on only half of its full potential.

Yes, it's really odd. Here his mother board:

Gigabyte GA-K8NF-939, HyperTransport Technology, AMD Athlon 64 / 64 FX, 1xPCI EXPRESS x 16, 1xPCI EXPRESS x 1, Dual Channel DDR400/333/266, USB 2.0, NVIDIA nForce4 4X, 4xSerial ATA, 3xPCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom