Amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
i have been working on an AMD-based computer for the lat 2 weeks, trying to get it fixed, and i realized something, I LOVE THE P4! i tried multitasking, and OMG! it was ridiculous, it kept crashing and was just plain slow, AMD needs to upgrade to CISC, otherwise, i think the new P4 chips are going to leave them in the dust

I keep seeing people throw the word "multitasking" around and I don't think some of you guys know what it means.

I have an XP2600 w/333 mhz fsb. It was half the cost of a comperable P4 and it benchmarked pretty damn close.

On any given day I have Photoshop, Outlook, Opera, Trillian, FlashMX or Swish, among countless other proggy's open at the same time. THAT IS MULTITASKING!!! The ability to perform 2 or more tasks at the same time.

I'd also like to point out that there are good systems and bad systems. You can have a rock solid AMD based rig and a crappy AMD based rig. The CPU is only part of it. Sure, an important part, but all it takes is a cheap mobo or a bad stick of Ram to ruin an otherwise good system.

Also keep in mind it could be the idiot that built the broken system. All too often someone will buy an e-machienes or have they're buddy build them a system. While this is fine and good, I've seen some pretty crappy builds in my day of both types of CPU's.

Just some food for thought.

tru tru, and i have seen countless examples of the fact that the guy that built her macin is an idiot, ie: he used the WIN XP CD-key fckgw-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, u know the illegal one, that is found all over the internet and now she cant get her updates, what an effing prick! he charged her like $300 of the OS and didnt even get a valid CD-key, what a bastard! it is only a 1GHz chip, but damn it was aggravating, it has 512MB of pc 2100 DDR from kingston, so i know it isnt the RAM, it was just being a slow POS, i should prolly reinstall the OS as my cousins friends all DL a crapload of pron from kazaa and get a crapload of spyware, i spent 2 hours on the phone with a tech trying to get her voyager2 (real estate software) working right, jeez that sucked, lol

was the guy that built her system in business or just a friend? If he ran a business i'd call M$ on his ass. If she paid for an OS, she should have the disk with a legit CD key.

he didnt give her the disk he did computer stuff "on the side" i think hes just in business to rip off nice, rich ladies that know nothing about computers, if i find out who he is, i wont call MS, ill just WHUP HIS ASS (in my best Roy D. Mercer voice, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom