AMD 4x4 available next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is aimed at servers. it'll be good for businesses that need the processing power.
Where did you get this idea from? AMD has been insisting since day one that 4x4 is a platform for gamers and enthusiasts, and this article seems to agree with that (not to say that I do). Why would 4x4 be server oriented when they already have s940 and sF for that reason?

And FYI all I've heard is that it supports dualies, not quads, not you're looking at eight cores tops, not 16, although if you can point me where you heard otherwise I'll change my mind. Again though, Opterons and Xeons have already offered 16 core capable workstations so this isn't anything revolutionary

**** those FX 74 are too much money... I cant affort something like that **** no.... well will see what happen.... I guess I will have to get a core 2....

gaara said:
Where did you get this idea from? AMD has been insisting since day one that 4x4 is a platform for gamers and enthusiasts, and this article seems to agree with that (not to say that I do). Why would 4x4 be server oriented when they already have s940 and sF for that reason?
well first, they're not making quad cores in s940.
second, 4x4 is supposed to be for socket 1207 though (which is the socket that server CPU's will be based in)

gaara said:
And FYI all I've heard is that it supports dualies, not quads, not you're looking at eight cores tops, not 16, although if you can point me where you heard otherwise I'll change my mind. Again though, Opterons and Xeons have already offered 16 core capable workstations so this isn't anything revolutionary
the name 4x4 is the key.
if it were only for dual cores, it would be called 2x4, or 4x2 or something

4x4 means four CPU's with four cores each, all on one motherboard. in other words, a single motherboard with 16 cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom