amd 2500+ barton vs Athlon 1.4GHz (Tbird) 200mghz fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
I am building my father in law a basic computer for X-mas with some spare parts I have lying around:

120 gb wd hd
ecs l7s7a2 mobo
512 mb PC2700 centon
64 mb video card
sony dru 510a dvd +-R
dvd rom
memory card reader
standard floppy drive
either an amd 2500+ barton or Athlon 1.4GHz (Tbird) 200 mghz fsb

My question is which processor should I put in, when looking at the prieces the tbird is much more expensive, but I thought the barton was a better chip any info is appreciated!!!

here are the specs on the tbird:

http://tomshardware.bizrate.com/mar...details__cat_id--403,prod_id--6701473.htmlthe specs on the t bird:

love my barton 2500+
lots of head room and is easy to oc .
standard heat sink and no problems there either , im not sure about playin far cry , but it smokes on halo..nice lil chip i think .
Smokin A.I.

between those two processors there is no contest. the xp2500 is roughly twice as fast for not much more money. if you can swing it go for it. choose another mobo, ECS really sucks. go for something like a biostar m7ncd pro if you want something cheap and reliable

barton is wway above in performance than thunderbird.

are you sure you are telling the right prices for the thunderbird, as the thunderbird is old architecture.

Get a Soyo board if possible or a DFI Lanparty. The 2500+ totally PWNS! W/ proper cooling you can oc that bad boy to 2.2ghz! Thats 3200+ speeds! Plus it does circles around that t-bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom