Amazingly bad performance in old game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptAssassin

Baseband Member
Hey all,

First up, I have a 2600 XP, 1 GB 2700 RAM, 6600GT, AC97 sound.

Now, the prob is, when I boot up a game called Swat 3, I get good performance in the beggining menu, but as soon as i get into muliplayer/single/campain menu's, I get really bad performace (bad mouse chug). I also get this within the game, with really low FPS.

Now, this is bizare. I can play HL2, Doom 3, SHIII, Star Wars: Republic Commando damn fine. However, this is the only game that runs really bad.... and its a few years old!!!

Is there any explanation of this? My friend has an identical system, only he has a 9600XT. Is it the 6600GT thats doing something funny with this game?

Cheers

Hmmm shouldn't be, I was playing swat4 on my dying FX 5700 until my 6800GT arrived and, although it didn't lag, it just looked crappy on that card........what drivers are you using?

hmmm, im using 71.84 official nvidia drivers.

Let me say that I can play Swat 4 extremely well, through the demo. Everything is quick, nice looking, etc. Its only with Swat 3 is where im getting performance problems, that I shouldn't be getting! Its a very old game, based on dx8, that the 6600GT (and the rest of my hardware) should be able to laugh at.... But its the other way around :(

Unless Nvidia 6xxx have probs with Swat 3 (not 4), i dont know what could be causing this

The 6600GT has problems in some older games like this, I had problems in some DX5 or something game lol

Man I had the Swat2 game I think it was where it was live video, man that game sucked. Swat3 they decided to go full blown game. Swat4 is aright, kind of annoying sometimes.......I mainly want to kill people not capture them alive :p

you wouldn't like swat 3 then, it focuses ALOT more on rescuing the hostages/terrorists! If it has/doesn't have a gun, and its running from/away from me, its going down ;)

Swat 4 is good fun though :)

i dont really like these new kinds of games.. where its lik u come to a door and are given 20 options... I prefer just straight out killing w/o story like CS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom