Amazing GPU Temps w/Artic-Cooling Silencer 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. So a couple of weeks ago I bought the Sapphire Radeon X800XT PE. And I can't complain one bit. GREAT CARD. I downloaded and installed the ATITOOL.exe program and have been using it to monitor the GPU temps. I haven't overclocked it yet. I noticed after starting to monitor the GPU temps that during full load (FAR CRY "max settings") that the CPU temp was between 52C - 58C. Then when idle it's about 38C - 44C. Now, the full load temps for this card are pretty damn good. But, being a freak like i am, i said, "Let's get this baby cooler!"

I ordered the Artic-Cooling Silencer 4. Installed it this morning. I had to take off the stock Fan&HS and clean all of the Thermal Paste off of the GPU. Then Apply the provided Thermal Paste in a thick coat to the GPU and all eight RAMS. You should have seen me like a heart surgeon.

So, I got the mount and FAN&HS installed all things in place. Reinstall card into PC.

Fire up FRY CRY. And load a saved game in a very intense battle. All settings on max. The temps are now (FULL LOAD) 42C - 48C. For $31.00 and about 15 minutes of INstall time. I got 10 degrees cooler. I'm impressed. Anyway, I think it might be time to OC this bad boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom