almost a fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
i smelled something burning inside on my case the other day, and wondering what it was, i checked inside. i saw one of my connectors on my 12" cathodes glowing red hot, i went straight for the power switch and managed to hit it in time. i figured out that it was like only half way plugged in, and the metal connectors heated up the plastic connector and almost made it catch fire. the connector is burned up pretty bad, and i'm scared to plug that cathode up again. i'm pretty sure it will still work, considering it just singed the plastic around the connector, but i'm afraid to plug it back up and leave it plugged up. none of the metal connectors are messed up, but would it be stupid to plug it back up if i made sure that it was securely plugged in?

LoL dude take it back where ever you got it from. That could be like a huge lawsuit and they should give you a new one. "cold cathode inside pc burns down house"

ha, it was pretty much my fault though. the connector just heated up the plastic, but i might take it back and just start shouting about how i tried to stop it and my shirt caught on fire. i can see it now, me getting kicked out of Fry's for trying to get back my $12.99. thought that'd never happen again....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom