The all-too frequent blue-screen; Machine-check exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengance

In Runtime
I've had my computer blue-screen off-and-on for the last year.

It started happening badly when I got a new video card, a GeForce 4 MX w/ 64 MB and started playing games (Diablo II & Halo).

I've subsequentially taken the card out (using onboard video) and playing games on my laptop.

Still, every now and then I get the blue-screen for no rhyme or reason.

My two error reports:
Machine Check Exception
Device Driver

I think from these two analyses, my CPU is overheating. I've run a program from MSI called Cooler XP which is designed to run the CPU at a lower temperature.

When playing Halo, my CPU would get to be around 60 deg C, and maybe 54-58 deg C with Cooler XP running. My CPU is a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.7 Ghz). I have all the latest drivers and firmware.

Please help or give suggestions!

ShoobieRat said:
Change your blue-screen to something else. Then it can be a pleasant experience.

lol

CAUSE
This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected and reported an unrecoverable hardware error to Windows XP. To do this, the processor used the Machine Check Exception (MCE) feature of Pentium processors or the Machine Check Architecture (MCA) feature of some Pentium Pro processors. The following factors may cause this error message:
• System bus errors
• Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems
• Cache errors in the processor or hardware
• Translation Lookaside Buffers (TLB) errors in the processor
• Other CPU-vendor specific detected hardware problems
• Vendor-specific detected hardware problems
STATUS
This behavior is by design.

Maybe you should try other video drivers :confused:

Take the cookies out of your floppy drive, and make sure your cupholder is in the fully-closed position, otherwise the miniature sheep will get confused, and the stale waffers won't spin correctly. And make sure no-one's taken a bite out of the biscuits inside! If someone has, you'll have to use your drivers to get new ones.

ShoobieRat said:
Take the cookies out of your floppy drive, and make sure your cupholder is in the fully-closed position, otherwise the miniature sheep will get confused, and the stale waffers won't spin correctly. And make sure no-one's taken a bite out of the biscuits inside! If someone has, you'll have to use your drivers to get new ones.

What the hell are the miniture sheep??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom