All burnt cds skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I dont got all the specs right now because i am at work, but here it is.

I got a liteon dvd +r/rw and a a7n8x delux mb with the neforce 2 ultra chipset.

All audio cds that i burn do not play correctly in my car stereo. The first 2 tracks play fine, but after that, each track skips progressively worse.. Or the cd just cant be readable at track one.

I read that the nvidia ide sw drivers suck. I uninstalled them and reinstalled the default ms drivers, and the problem still persists. I am using nero 6 on windows 2k.
___
xp3000 with 2 gigs memory, x800 bleh bleh ehe

Oh almost forgot. I have tried all burn speeds available with the burner from 2x all the way up to 48x, pretty much made a whole pack of coasters testin the speeds out. Lotsa stuff to zing across the room at the dog when she poops on the floor ehe

Do other burnt cd's do this in your stereo? I know some older radios dont play CD-Rs and stuff very well, or at all. Test out someone elses burnt discs first if you havent already. And if it only does it on yours, then something is messed up with your drive. You may try using a lens cleaner or it may need to be replaced.

cds

Other burnt cds work fine. I just started seeing this prob when i started using this mb and dvdrw. I have heard many ppl talking about this problem with the board, so im doubting that the prob is with the burner. my stereo can play cdrs and rws fine. Was just wondering if anybody knows how to fix this problem seeing how the default drivers do nothing

i guess try your burner in another system...if it works in another, then you need to call your mobo maker and ask some questions.

maybe theres a firmware fix for your RW drive at the manufactures web site, that may fix your prob.

Doesn't surprise me that someone is having an issue with an ASUS board. Me and 3 or 4 other people had basically identicle problems on an ASUS board regarding system crashes trying to install a video card (I'm not even going to begin to tell you my week of troubleshooting hell) so I still firmly believe that ASUS boards suck balls. I don't know if thats the exact core of your problem, but I know for whatever reason my nvidia nforce based asus didn't want to work with an nvidia FX 5700. Have you been able to try it out on another mobo for the hell of it and see if it all works perfectly there?

compare the media you are using to the old media you used that worked. Are they the same brand and type?

ekÆsine said:
compare the media you are using to the old media you used that worked. Are they the same brand and type?

Hes on the right track here..Its almost usually always the media type...I had problems with data cds playing on my MP3 deck inside my car so I decided one day to purchase small packs of differnt brands of media. Basically all those huge packs that you pay practially nothing for suck ass..they will bounce, skip..not read...etc...For some reason I have had no problems with about any brand that comes in jewl cases...but always have problems with the ones that come in spindles...very odd..anywho just try out various brands and see which one your deck likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom