Aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently completely rebuilding my home machine to the latest stuff, replacing everything except for the CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives, and it's costing me $1400. It's not a 64bit, but it's still gonna play like greased tephlon, and it didn't cost me $2500.

I do a lot of hard work in school and i dont want to brag but i am probably smarter than some of the adults in my school. I think id deserve a good computer

You deserve a good computer?. Okay, what are you going to do with it? you don't have a high tech job that requieres a good vga card a process speed in order to render and create stuff. You're only 14. Get a life and go out and have fun instead of staying at home and playing comp games all the times. You'll learn yourself a bad habbit. That's what happened to me. I got so addicted to pc games that i virtually played almost 13 hours of comp games a day over summer vacation. I got so lazy i didn't eat lunch and dinner and i didn't even do hw at school ays because i wanted to play pc games so much. This won't help your

i dont want to brag but i am probably smarter than some of the adults in my schoo

attitude. playing comp won't keep you smart but will lower your grades and personally don't think it'll benefit you much.

why cant you see a 14 year old with a 2500 dollar computer??

WHY?? YOu're freakin 14 man. Even a $1300 comp can run all the games out right now very well. I have a 1100 dollar comp and i'm playing doom 3 on the highest detail. I would just save that money have some fun with it. Go out with your friends, the theatre and shit. Don't waste too much of your time on the computer

Well I'M having miserable problems with my comp right now so PTHTPHTHTHPHTPTH to you all!!!!!! LOLOL

I started out with a used 133MHz IBM Thinkpad (laptop, durr) years ago... then my grandfather bought me a used 233MHz Compaq Armada (laptop)... then last year he bought me a brand-new 2.2 GHz eMachines (desktop). This was partly because I got excellent grades (yes bad to reward grades), and partly because it was obvious that I was good with computers and he wanted to help me get a good start on computers.

The computer I had when I was 14 had only a floppy drive, 256 colors at most, and could barely manage NES DOS emulators. It was basically a super-calculator/word-processor.

Our 9000-people town has one grocery store, one Wal-Mart, one library, 3 fast-food restaurants, two pharmacies, 3 gas stations, 3 Mexican restaurants, and a Radio Shack (?). I'm 16 and have been wanting a job for a few months, but only the grocery store, McDonald's, RadioShack and the Mexican restaurants hire those under 18. Not a single place is even CONSIDERING hiring new people. I currently loathe people who get money and crap from their parents while everyone in my family except my grandparents are unemployed. Some people complain that they MUST get a job, I complain because I can't get one..... I'd mow lawns but it's still 95 degrees outside here in stupid Texas, and most people around here are more than happy to mow their own lawns... My own lawn takes me two and a half hours to mow, including the 50 degree slope in the front ...

I just spent 100$ on a video card and motherboard.... which I can't use for some reason because I get a funky blue screen when I try load Windows and the comp restarts. Now I have to spend probably another 50$ or much more to get a professional to fix the stupid thing.

And lol I don't think this thread qualifies at "hardware" anymore...

Asus P4P800 SE
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
Kingston 512MB Dual Channel
Western Digital 80GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9800Pro
Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480W
Artec DVD-ROM
MGC Silver ATX Case
Microsoft Windows XP Home
If those are yer comp specs, you DON'T need to upgrade noth'n. If you can't get decent (or better) play out of that rig, yer SOL, because you should be having NO problems with that! Take some time to figure out what's wrong (why yer having [think yer having] problems) and fix it. That setup will play DOOM3 and everything else just fine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Jesus...This kid seriously needs his ridalin.

Anyway, if you can't get your current machine working, what makes you think throwing $3000 at the problem is a great idea?

i hope the last messge wasnt for me. but i have been saving my own allowance and bday money and all the work around the house and neighborhood(lawns) for a couple of years just to afford a 1 grand computer, i am not rich or spoiled. Also some people cant build their own, so thats where alienware comes into their lives. i cant help it if i am surrounded by rich people. i live in a rich town, not my choice though. when i meant 2500 dollar computer that comp would be equal to a 1200 dollar comp on alienware so its not like i wanted a shitload of unusable crap. Bottom line is i wish i was rich but i aint and the whole thread wasnt even that serious if u read the first post. everyone wants things in life, is so hard to believe a 14 year old kid dreaming about an amazing comp he probably will never have?

Also i am in 8th grade taking all 10th grade honars classes with an A- average.

My previous post was for Mr. Repetative Punctuation (aka Regulus). No flak to you, Kame :)

Anyway, let me put Dell and Alienware in perspective and maybe I can clear up the turmoil here:

Dell is like the $8,000 Toyota of the computer world.
Alienware is like the $120,000 Jaguar of the computer world.

Both will build a car for you. Both will get you down the highway. Just one does it by bare minimum, the other does it at the high-end of its class.

Get the picture?

Now, I'm sure you've perused the Alienware website by now and you've seen the $1400 models, right? Well, that's the same as how Jaguar sells a $18,000 model, even though their mainstream lineup is much more expensive.

If you don't know much about computers, and don't have a lot of cash, then stick to the Toyota/Dodge side of the computer world. Yer Dells, Gateways, Compaqs, HPs, etc.

i wont say i no a lot about computers but i no a lot more compared to the rich people i am surrounded with. NE wayz, i am in the process of building my computer and i am having some trouble but i will manage. The specs are

AMD 64 3000
512RAM
80 SATA HDD
Nvidia 6800

see, its not that good so dont think i am spoiled or that i expect to be spoiled. I am just like the rest of u guyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom