Ahhh, that new computer smell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't see your 3DMark05 score listed. Mine is only about 4500 with the Catalyst 5.2 drivers. :( I guess 4 pipes really make that much of a difference.

Oh ok, yeah that does suck for NVIDIA. The only thing i dont like about the X800XT and Platinum is those cards alone are at its architectural limits. So very little room is left for OC. Besides those cards run damn hott.

I can't wait for the R520! 24 pipelines
Yeah that'll be insane to see what kind of specs it'll have. 3dmark05 is so intensive and if you actually bought the thing you could turn up the res, AA, and AF, so I wonder how that card would handle it with all those things turned up.

Nvidia scrapped it's NV48 and NV50 and supposedly with ever generation ending in a 0 it's supposed to signify a new feature implimented in it.

SLI is waste of time IMO, so I'm hoping Nvidia has something that'll shock us. 36 pipelines 512mb Nvidia7xxx series :p

Although it'd be the price of a small car =/

Dude a new PC shouldnt smell, if it does theres something wrong....

Just kidding, awesome rig!

hahha, its the smell of the case ;)

anyways, the vid card is not OC'ed, but right now i'm OC'ing the CPU to just under 2000MHz (its 1800 stock)

i'll think i'll stop there for now temp is reaching 38C idle, which is KINDA low, but i'll wait for the XP-120 to do some more

the 3DMark score is with unOC'ed equipement, I'll test it out again right now

Okay, this is really weird . . . it's only giving me 4400 3DMarks . . . it was 5400 last time . . .

Codeine said:
FrontSide, the X800 XT is not equivalent to the 6800 Ultra, its better. Havent you seen the specs for these cards?
there are a lot of arguments against that, but let's not go there

try updating your drivers, and disable some services and background processes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom