Ah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squaggleboggin

In Runtime
I'm trying to build a budget gaming pc. This seems impossible! The video card alone is $163, and that's the main cost that keeps bogging me down. I think I got pretty good deals on the other stuff (all from newegg except for the monitor and hdd), but that's the main cost. Does anyone know of any other retailers who sell good products at a low cost? I would really like to keep the price under $550, and so far it's costing about $620. :confused: Have any of you guys ever built a budget gaming pc? What parts did you use and what brands and models would you suggest that are good but still cheap? I'm using an asus mobo, 512mb mushkin ram, 128mb powercolor 9600xt, xp 2500+ processor, lite on cd/dvd drive, western digital 80gb hdd, and a codegen case w/350w psu. Any ideas on how I can cut back on the cost of anything or where else I can get the parts?

I was going to get an $80 17" monitor from Best Buy or Circuit City. I wrote in another post whether or not I can just get a mobo with onboard video to tide me over for now, and then upgrade to a 9600xt later on. This seemed like a good plan to me, but then someone told me that if I did that, I would have to get a new mobo and RAM in addition to the new video card. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom