AGP slot ...NEED SOME HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Okay, I have good news but yet another problem. I found an AGP slot on my motherboard, but it is being used by whatever card my monitor is plugged into.

I need to put an AGP video card in there but what do I do with the card my monitor is using?! I need some advice!!

Thanks,
John

lol - The card that your monitor is plugged into is a video card! Anyway, ya just shut down your computer, unplug the monitor, unscrew the video card from the case and you should be able to slide the thing right out unless it is a newer motherboard with the AGP slot protector (a little black plastic thing around the slot) Then you just pull the little trigger on it down and pull the card out.

Now just take your new card and slide it in the way the old one came out, screw it in, plug the monitor up and there you go!

BUT! BEFORE YOU SHUT DOWN TO TAKE THE OLD VIDEO CARD OUT!

You need to uninstall the old video drivers. Just go to your device manager and find your display adapter, right click on it and click uninstall. It may say some error messages but just click yes to uninstall, then do what i posted. Good luck! post again if you need any help!

haha... I sort of asked a gay question there...lol.... anyways thanks for putting me on the right path. I really appreciate it. I'm going to be putting in a GeForce FX 5700 256MB card....heard anything about it good or bad?

Thanks again,
John

If you a gamer,nothing but bad.
ATI rules,right folks ?
Of course you never mentioned your Windows version.
It so important in a help forum.

The FX 5700 is a good gaming card, however, unless you already purchased it, the Radeon 9600 Pro (and XT) can give you more for the money.

Just my $0.02 there. :)

ah blah blah blah here we every one with this radeon yeas stick with the 5700 if any thing go with the 5700 ultra has a higer clock speed than most cards seen 1 with 485 gpu and 900MHz ram :-D

Sweet, thanks for your alls advice. I think you all have convinced me to go ahead and purchase the ATI 9600 Pro. I just want a good overall card thats worth the money I pay for it.

The thing is though, does the ATI 9600 Pro support AGP 4X because I think thats what I have....

I'm not completely sure though....is there a way to know if I have a 4X, 8X or whatever without having to look at the manual?

yes, you can check in you bios, or use a number of programs, I think SiSoft's Sandra 2004 will tell you. It doesn't really matter either way, the card is backward compatable to 4X anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom