agp to pci help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodyman

Beta member
I am trying to install a pci video card in my machine. It currently uses an agp voodoo 3300. Mothorboard is a Jetway bx2000. The new card is a gforce. I have tryed installing the pci card every way I can think of. If I remove the agp card and install the pci the machine beeps one long and two short and nothing happens. If I install both cards at the same time same thing. I have removed the drivers for the agp card and changed the bios to start with pci but no change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way, this pci card was given to me(new in box) and has an s- video putput I would like to use with my children's games. Thanks in advance.

my expience has been that PCI Voodoo 3d Cards(?) don't like running on the newer motherboard. I remeber upgrading my AMD K233+MotherBoard to AMD Athlon 900+MotherBoard, and I found myself forking out another AU$100 at the time for a 32Mb RivaTNTM64 APG video card.

Voodoo went belly up shortly after nVidia brought GeForce out.
And since the GeForce has been running strong on the market with only Radion coming out in recent history.

I think your GeForce Video Card will me plenty for your children's games. Voodoo is dead now days. Your the first person in about 4 years that has commented about a voodoo card.

I am surprised that your GF does not come out with an S-Video Out . I know you can find some VGA to TV adaptors. But I find they are over prices for what they are.

Keep your voodoo card in.

Go into the BIOS on boot up and change the prim gfx from PCI to AGP.

I had exact same problem a while back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom