agp and pci

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGP 4x display card also can put on mobo that running AGP8x, just slower only.
Only not work on a 2X/1X mobo.

AGP x8 graphics cards usually are compatible with AGP x4.

When buying a graphics card stick with NVIDIA or ATI gaming models (i.e. do not buy MX cards for gaming). Your monitor will plug right into the back of your graphics card.

Models of Cards that are fine for games:

[size=2.5]NVIDIA:[/size]

GeForce 4 Ti4200
GeForce 4 Ti4400
GeForce 4 Ti4600
GeForce 4 Ti4800 (8x AGP)

GeForce FX 5200
GeForce FX 5500
GeForce FX 5600
GeForce FX 5700
GeForce FX 5900/5950
(Faster Ultra versions are usually available for all of the above GeForce FX cards, they show significantly improved performance within games.)

GeForce (6) 6800 GT
GeForce (6) 6800 Ultra

[size=2.5]ATI:[/size]

Radeon 9000
Radeon 9200
Radeon 9500
Radeon 9600
Radeon 9700
Radeon 9800

(These ATI cards come in SE, Pro, and XT versions, SE is slower but cheaper, Pro and XT versions are very fast compared to the original chipset.)
(Personally I wouldn't recommend the SE versions for these cards, they are too slow for games; for me anyway.)

These are the manufacturers that I trust buying from:

ABIT
ASUS
Gainward
Hercules
MSI
Sapphire

(Bold format represents the manufacturers I have bought from in the past.)

Hope this helps.

Looks like it, for some models. Is it possible that my card which says its AGP is plugged into PCI. Because the properties say its plugged in PCI bus slot 1.

If you have a 4x board 8x cards are supported by that so dont be fooled by these other reviews but check the video card box to be sure. But if you dont have a agp slot it would be wise to upgrade your mobo for future gaming.

If you need a 4x mobo then give me an email i will sell you a chaintech mobo with 3 mem slots for 30 bucks not bad ;)
ATO_OTA@hotmail.com ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom