AGP issues on Asus mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiezk

In Runtime
I tried to install a new AGP device (ATI-Radeon 9600 Pro) on my Asus A7N266 mobo. I changed the setting in BIOS from onboard vga to agp video card (it has an intergrated geforce video card). Rebooted, but I get the same blue-screen every time. By starting in safe mode the blue-screen appears after loading mup.sys.

The error that the blue-screen gives is 0x00000074 - supposedly something to do with RAM, but since the computer still works fine without the new AGP card, this is unlikely.

I've tried:

Updating bios to 1.04 (latest version)
Booting from CD (Microsoft Windows XP Pro)
Fresh installation of OS (after formatting HD)
Updated the drivers for my nVidia chipset. (to the latest from nVidias home-page)
Just about every possible setting in the bios.
Ripped out all other PCI cards, and disabled all ports in bios
Tried another AGP card (nVidia Geforce FX 5600)

I've checked my power-supply, it provides 350W, which should be sufficient.

None of this has helped. Please help - I'm running out of ideas.

Best regards

Carl Eriksson:(

If anyone's interested I have now solved this problem.

Changing motherboards to Asus A7N266-VM didn't help, but exchanging the RAM did :)

This even though the cumputer ran smoothly with the old RAM and the old graphics card... A bit strange if you ask me, but after 5 days of trying to get it to work, I really don't care :cool:

yeah Nforce boards are VERY VERY picky about ram. I had a problem with the ram i used on my A7N8X but by switching to some high quality corsair ram it works like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom