AGP Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright, this is mainly for you sithspawn =P At first I got all confused and thought it was the PCI Frequency and crap and yeah now I figured out the AGP needs to be set at 66MHz, theres no option in my BIOS to change an AGP Frequency, am I looking for the right thing? The only thing I could change would be AGP Voltgage.

When I run SiSoftware Sandra and do the Mainboard information, when I go down to AGB Bus(es) on Hub 1 it says:

Speed: 4x66MHx (264 data rate) I'm assuming its only multiplied by 4 cause my graphics card is only capable of 4x AGP. But anyway that 66MHz should be correct then right? Will it go up once I start overclocking cause it seems like it should just stay where its at right? Anyones help is much appreciated =)

Hi :)

It really depends on what BIOS you have. Generally, you are not able to change the PCI.AGP frequency. It will automatically change when you change the CPU FSB. For example, in my BIOS, the frequency page looks somethign like this:
CPU Host clock: [Enabled]
CPU Clock: [200]
xPCI/AGP Frequency: [37/75]
The PCI/AGP bit is blanked out so i cant change anything.

Basically, your AGP and PCI frequency WILL go up when you start overclocking. You need to be aware of this, because if you start up your computer and it doesnt actually start, or crashes halfway through start-up, you may need to up the voltage in your AGP slot, so that the overclocked frequency can keep up with everything.

Although you wil mainly need to up the Vcore voltage of your CPU (to maybe around 1.75) and maybe up your memory .1v-.2v. Of course, dont up the voltage at ALL unless you have an unstable overclock, and be very careful when you do. Upping the voltage is what will destroy your parts if done incorrectly.

hehe thanks again for your info sith....man Its gonna be nerve racking as all hell when I go and try to do this. I assume when you get to an unstable overclock and your system shuts down you're going to have to use the jumper next to the battery and jump the CMOS and clear it? or should it return to a default state in which it knew worked or something to that effect =) Sry for all the questions but I do appreciate all the answers

BTW: in my mobo bios it says

Clock Frequency: 133
Clock Multiplier: Auto
DDR Voltage: Auto
AGP Voltage: Auto

it doesn't even show their frequencies but thanks for the advice especially about the upping the voltage a tiny bit on ram and agp if needed I wasn't sure when I'd need to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom