AGP Card installed on PCI Bus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd32

Baseband Member
Hey all. I just installed an ATI Radeon 9800pro AGP card in my sys.
I uninstalled my old card/drivers Downloaded updated AGP Chipset drivers from my mobo manufacturer, flashed bios and installed new card with latest drivers. After I rebooted and checked my adapter properties it says the card is located on PCI Bus 1 Device 0 Function 0. My old card was also AGP and it was listed as being installed on 4xAGP Bus but I can't seem to get this one to do the same. I also checked the bios to make sure AGP was selected as primary display. I have tried everything in my knowledge to correct this problem but to no avail. I also read on
a few sites that the PCI Bus 1 is actually the AGP bus? Any of you guys/gals ever experience this problem before? Thank you for reading.

Todd.

"System of the DOwngrade...."

I donÂ’t have any AGP slots in my computer, but it sounds to me like youÂ’re computer still thinks that the old card is still in there. YouÂ’re computer only recognizes 1 AGP slot, so you didnÂ’t uninstall ALL of the driver info. Go to the control panels folder, and open system, then click on the device manager tab. That way, you can see if thereÂ’s more that one Display Adapter. :cool:

Nope, It says just the ATI Card. Did a search for any resideing Nvidia(old card) files on my PC, used driver cleaner, nothing, comes up clean.

"ATIragepro reviews..."

Oh yeah. I just did some reaserch on the AGP bus. Sometimes it is the PCI-1 of 0.(Allot of ATI cards just do that for some reason...:confused: ) So as long as it works, there really isn't a problem. :cool:

Well it definatly works alot better than my last one! Okay I'm not going to worry about it anymore I suppose. Thanks for the help
ATIRAGEPRO, truly appreciate it!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom