AGP and on-board graphic cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel

Beta member
I'm selecting between two motherboards (Asrock K7VM2 and K7VT2), almost identical except that one of them has on-board video and the other one does not.
Price being almost the same, do I run incompatibility risks by getting the board with integrated graphics if I put an AGP video card in it? l plan to eventually get the ATI AIW Radeon 7500 or 9000pro.

Thanks

I would strongly recommend getting seperate chips for everyhting.. mobo seperate from vid card, sound card, etc.. cause what companies tend to do is build their onboard cards in such a way that if you want to get an upgrade you would have to go through them.. I have had very bad experiences with this and my compaq..

not sure if the company your talking about would do this, but i wouldnt take the risk since its at the same price range anway.

I agree with placebo. Compaq has had (or still have) a bad reputation for being hard to upgrade. These two mobo's will work fine with a newer radeon card, should you decide to get one :)

Alright

Thank you folks for the answers.
You sure know how to make a virgin techie feel more secure :D
The K7Vm2 is more bang for the buck, so I'll go with that.

Regards

if my opinions not too late.

if ur gonna be using ur computer for gaming which most likely probably are, dont buy a mobo with integrated graphics, buy the one without because u pay extra for that integrated graphics.

just buy one without and go buy a used video card under 20 dollars and it should last u until u get your radeon

Opinion never too late...

Your opinion is more than welcome.
In this case, the motherboard with the integrated graphics costs a little less than the other one. They are otherwise identical. It looks like a supply driven price in that case. I'm buying from www.newegg.com which is a reputable vendor.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom