Agp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickStar

Baseband Member
I am a real noob at this stuff but i recently got a Radeon 7000 card.

I took my computer and my new card up to my techy and found out that i dont have AGP 6 or somtehing like that on my computer ,i duno what to do.

How can i get a higher AGP? Whats agp?

please help!

AGP is "Accelerated Graphics Port." Its a slot on your motherboard used by most modern graphics cards. If you motherboard has integrated graphics, then most likely you dont have an AGP slot which means that you need to get a new motherboard with an AGP slot to use that Radeon7000.

Go here for more info.
http://www.intel.com/technology/agp/info.htm

Right now AGP slots go up to 8X. As long as your motherboard has an AGP slot your card will still work, just not at the performance level as it is rated for.

The only way I know of is to look at the motherboard. In the bottom left corner there should be four or five slots of the same length, usually white in color. Those are your PCI slots. If you have an AGP slot then there should be a slot above your PCI slots thats slightly longer and a different color. That your AGP. There might be a way to check without opening up you comp but I dont know it.

ok i opened up my case and htis is what it looked like:

One brown strip on the left , two white ones in the middle that are filled and have cards in them , one long black looking strip on right.

does it look like i hav AGP?

The white ones sound like your PCI slots. Where exactly is the brown one. Is it horizontal and right above the PCI slots? If so the that should be it.

its on the left side of the white slots facing the same way.

i used sandra or w/e and it said AGP buses "1"

is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom