agp 8x >> 4x

Status
Not open for further replies.
What mobo, and what video card?

If you are using an nVidia card, then if I remember correctly Forceware w/ the Coolbits registry hack should allow you to change the AGP multiplier.

[NERDMODE]
8 shifted right is 4, lolr~.
[/NERDMODE]

Uh, if you can't find it in the BIOS, I'm not sure you can do it, unless you do it in the video driver somehow.

coolbits only effects clock frequency, I've never seen anything regarding adjusting the AGP in there before

Hmmm... I could have sworn that you can alter the AGP multiplier with Coolbits, but then it's been a while since I used an AGP setup :confused: .

I had checked right after I read your post to make sure, and as far as I can tell it's pure clock frequencies.

I don't think I've ever seen you be able to adjust the AGP without being in the BIOS....which makes sense considering it'd be like one of those things that's better changed in the BIOS and not within windows like OC'ing CPU or RAM

well if u have an 8x agp slot isnt it backwords compatible to 4x?? thats what i always thaught but i would give the card makers a call and see whats up

well the card is an ATI radeon 9250, so whatever coolbits is, thats nvidia. oh and the mb is an asus, p4p800-e deluxe, and AiBooster wont let me change that, the only thing i can change is the voltage ):

well if u have an 8x agp slot isnt it backwords compatible to 4x?? thats what i always thaught but i would give the card makers a call and see whats up
yeah it is....if he's using a 4x card then he just needs to put it in, theres nothing to he'd need to change.

I was just thinking he wanted to find that option for himself or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom