AGP 4x/8x and mobo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3rk1sh

Baseband Member
Do all motherboards support AGP4x/8x?

I think the answer is no, but figured i would throw that up just to go step by step and avoid root problems...

Is there a easy way to figure out what your mobo supports? or do you have to try to find the maker and serial? And lastly, can you find this throw windows xp sp2?

Have this kinda old box, trying to figure out if i could throw a cheap 9200 on it and try and help it out a bit (its running with a Ti4400 128mb right now)

And lastly, can you find this throw windows xp sp2?
....what?

If your motherboard is fairly new it'll support 8x more than likely. If it's kind of old, you don't need a serial number, just know what model your motherboard is and hit up the manufacturer website and see what kind of features. If it's running with a Ti4400 right now I believe you have 8x. If you right click on your desktop, go to properties, then click the settings tab, then click ADVANCED towards the bottom, and you should see your graphic card name on a TAB in there. Click that TAB and it'll tell you if it's running at 4x or 8x, but I'm pretty sure it's 8x although it's been a while since viewing that card. Just see what it says and if it says 8x then theres your answer :D

Welcome to the forums and good luck

ty haha im sorry im on my sleeping pills to combat techno-insomnia and sometimes things dont come out right :p

ok i just checked it and i am running at agp 4x thank you very much for your quick and easy response

np :D Do a quick google and see what the Ti is supposed to run at. If it's supposed to be AGP 4x then it's quite possible your motherboard will indeed support 8x but I suppose if it didn't support 8x it would just default the next card you put in there to 4x AGP bus

i had a ti4200 and now have it in my gf's comp that is running 4x. why would you want to go from a ti4400 to a radeon 9200 anyway? the 4400 is a better card isnt it? I know my 4200 ran a lot better than my bros 9200

Nubius- Its a few years old; i am almost positive its not 8x compatable.

zerozero- ya what i mean was is the 4x/8x thing a video card or motherboard side "bottle neck"/issue (can't think of a better word, sry)

sithspawn - yes, now that im more clear headed im going to look into that

thank you all for your help; being clear headed i will self-resolve the issue, if any, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom