AGP 2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I am getting 2x P3 550mhz, and a Slot motherboard. Now the mobo has AGP, and im sure its AGP 2x because its a rarity for a Slot 1 mobo to have AGP 4x. Now i want to buy a case, use a old 10gig HDD, Floppy, Cdrom, P3 550 etc but I want to get a AGP card for it. Now i need recomendations for a good, cheap Agp 2x card, preferably with 16, 32mb memory (or larger). I was thinking of a Riva TNT, But any suggestions are welcome. What im really looking for is a CHEAP card but a card still better than the Crap PCI s3 Trio cards.

Wayne

yep, get a tnt2 pro or ultra (but ultras are rare).. they sell for like the exact same price as a normal tnt2 on ebay seeing how there is such minimal difference to todays standards. they come in both in 16mb and 32mb. heck, i used to be able to play quake 3, half life + CS, and RTCW fine on my old tnt2 pro

Can't you use a agp 8x/4x graphics cards in agp 2x? In which case get a slightly newer card which would be easier to get hold of.

you can sometimes use a AGP 8x graphics in a 2x slot but it has to be compatible with 3.3v and the correct notches.

I have an Nvidia TNT2 Pro 32MB
it is IMO the best of the AGP 2x cards
it plays HL, CS, quake 3 and other games about that level

using a Thermaltake Extreme Spirit (designed for northbridge) without the huge fan thingy, and some copper RAM sinks (2 on the bottom of the core, 1 on each memory chip, and 1 on each side of the GPU heatsink) I was able to get from 142MHZ core and 150MHZ memory to 180MHZ core and 200MHZ memory, so I found it overclocks prettty well too

for a slot 1 board, I would try and get a board which adapts to socket 370 (I have one myself for a 700MHZ Coppermine) so you can get faster P3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom