after istalling everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
im building a PC and i have almost everything in place, just wondering if i can use my old Hardrive with out having to reinstall Windows on it. just hoook it up and start it? or do i need to install windows again since im changing all the hardware?

so i would be able to used my old hardrive with everything i have on it on my new system with out reforamiting?

yes, it will work...just swap hard drives.....when it boots just go into your device manager and remove everything! Then reboot...when it boots up it should reinstall everything and problem solved

great this had me worryed because im all out of cash and i don't have any OS software.

So if its pretty much a NEW system, with old harddrive, you can TRY and just sticking it in there... but it may be unstable. You MBD may have special chipset drivers for its controllers (PCI toPCI, PCI to AGP, IDE, ect). So you may need to get the drivers for this specific MBD for the specific O/S. I would try and get all the needed drivers (sound, vid, modem, NIC, MBD) first. Good luck, 'cause if it doesn't go smoothly it can be a real nightmare to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom