After building a pcÂ…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
Hey a friend of mine looked at the pc I finished building and he said he thought the fan

Was upside down which way is the fan supposed to blow up or down? On the CPU so

Because from what I can tell itÂ’s blowing up since the sticker is on to top but IÂ’m not really

Sure what he means so IÂ’m double checkÂ’n with everyone here before I go and take it

Apart again.

it is susposed to blow down, but you may want to turn it on for a second to see for sure what direction it blows.

Alright that's what it look's like it's doing so I dont understand why he said that it seems to be blowing down to me.

As far as im concerned there is no right or wrong in this situation. It really all depends on your CPU & HS&FAN & CASE. Some sets will cool much better if the fan is drawing or sucking air away from the heatsink. Most cool better if the fan is blowing air over the heatsink fins. It's an experimental thing. Find which solution works best for you. Monitor temps and go with the best.

Someone once said, "When you are drinking a hot cup of coffee, do you blow on it to cool it down or do you suck the heat way?"

Kinda an interesting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom