Advice on upgrade !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappy

Daemon Poster
I recently got a Leadtek 6800 Ultra that needs a better home to play in .Upgrades im considering are
ENERMAX 550W ModelE G651AX-VH
Iether a MSI-K8N Neo2 Platinum NForce3 ULTRA Chipset-AMD Socket 939 or ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset-AMD Socket 939.And yes im a diehard P4 guy who WAS set on the P$ extreme but after intense study Ive decided to run the AMD FX 53 along with 1 GIG of Crucial Ballistix PC 3200 LL memory .Sense crucial has been the best performer overall on both AMD and Intell with great overclocks.I like the features of the MSI board but i dont like the layout of the board especially the fan on the chipset may interfere with the 6800 Ultra .Any sugestions welcome :)

Cappy said:
I recently got a Leadtek 6800 Ultra that needs a better home to play in .Upgrades im considering are
ENERMAX 550W ModelE G651AX-VH
Iether a MSI-K8N Neo2 Platinum NForce3 ULTRA Chipset-AMD Socket 939 or ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset-AMD Socket 939.And yes im a diehard P4 guy who WAS set on the P$ extreme but after intense study Ive decided to run the AMD FX 53 along with 1 GIG of Crucial Ballistix PC 3200 LL memory .Sense crucial has been the best performer overall on both AMD and Intell with great overclocks.I like the features of the MSI board but i dont like the layout of the board especially the fan on the chipset may interfere with the 6800 Ultra .Any sugestions welcome :)
I agree to go with the VIA chipset, and just wanna say WOW:p :) Nice setup your gonna have;)

VIA anyday - nForce sucks and SiS is just cheap. I'd wait for the K8T860 Northbridge - I think it is just hitting the market now! :D

yeah, i can't wait . . . i'm going to get one pci-e vid card, then a few months or a year later, i'm going to get another one and connect them with SLI . . .

its going to be AWESOME!!

and the non-pro version has pci-e and agp, so you can use either (not both) card type

Yeah, go with the VIA chipset and get the MSI Neo2-FIR. You're right about the layout of the Neo2 Platinum, I definitely think that that NB Fan would interfere with the 6800 card. You'd think they would have thought of something like that? Hmm. I had an ASUS Board with nForce chipset in it, and for whatever reason my chaintech GeForce FX 5700 card didn't work in it. Would freeze on boot up if it even got THAT far. Tried shit loads of stuff to get that to work and the card worked great with this MSI board with VIA chipset. Probably just some weird luck of mine though.

wow nForce is like the best chgipset for gamming i dunno what you guys are talking about i hade a VIA it sucked so much balls its not even funny im glad to make the nForce switch

BxSlipSk8718 said:
wow nForce is like the best chgipset for gamming i dunno what you guys are talking about i hade a VIA it sucked so much balls its not even funny im glad to make the nForce switch

For Athlon XP's, yes that is true, but VIA gained an edge in AMD64;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom