advice needed please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cturns

Baseband Member
i am buying a new graphics card and was wondering whether or bnot it is worth spending £6 extra on a geforcefx5600 256mb over a geforcefx5600 128mb

I'd say it's probably not worth it. That card can barely utilize 128mb of ram, let alone 256. By the time any games will eat up more than 128mb, you'll probably be wanting a new card anyways. But hey, £6 isn't really that much... ;)

Easy devlish... lol...

I would have to agree through, for that price, why not?

Do yourself a favor.. Find out what you can get the Ultra version of those cards for.. It makes a big difference.. But between the two.. For only the small difference, I would go with the 256Mb version.

Alexander

The 256Mb version for suuuuuuuuuuure....that isnt a difference to mention at all ( £6)

..... besides the 5600 having DX9 architecture, it still is a low budget card on the market. It barely performed better than the Geforce 4 ti4200 on gaming benchmarks (with the exception of AA and AF tests), and the ATI Radeon 9500 performed better in all the tests, for the money i assume the card would go obsolete within the next year or 2, so i would rather go with a Geforce 4ti 4600 (if u dont have the money to buy the FX), or the Radeon 9500 rather than the FX 5600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom