Advice on Hard Drive ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrattyBrandy

Solid State Member
I am really wanting to upgrade my hard drive. I currently have Dell Dimension 4500 with a Maxtor hard drive of 20Gb. I am wanting to make a LARGE upgrade, but I do have a tight budget. Anyone know any good places to check out? And should I even consider refurbished?

I wouldnt bother with refubished Hard Drives, as they have mechanical parts that actually show wear over a short time compared to silicon.

Check out www.newegg.com for usually good prices.

In case you were wondering, make sure you get a hard drive that spins at 7200rpm, and has an 8MB cache.

It seems the most reliable hard drive brands are Western Digital and Seagate. I have used Maxtor, WD, and Seagate, and have no preference as of yet (except the Seagate has a better warrenty).

whats a sugar daddy???????????

Anyways newegg.com is great. Find a Western Digital HD. They are reliable and they perform very well. Stay away from Maxtor.

Ditto on the Newegg.com advice. I'd look at the 160GB Seagate drives. You can get one for under $150 and they are great drives. I partitioned my 3 ways and it works great.

seagate or WD are the way to go in terms of reliability. im not going to let it be stated as fact which one is better because all the fanboys will jump up and have a flame war. but in my opinion it is WD. what year was the comp manufactured because you don't want to be forking out money on a hdd that your comp won't accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom