ADLS Modem Router to limit other user's sp

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My co-worker has a problem. He is currently share housing with some one (there's the first mistake). Part of the rent includes internet. My co-worker is the person that pays for the internet and provides the router.

Problem is that the person that is share housing with him hits the torrents quit heavily when he is trying to play League of Legends.

Co-worker has no control over the sharemate's computer. However he is looking at SoHo router solutions that will do one or more of the following
- Limit the sharemate's access to the internet to so many hours or Mb/Gb per day
- Limit the speed of sharemate's connection
- Quality of service favouring League of Legends and other internet services over bit torrent

Any suggestions for a Router?

A quick easy solution, is if his current solution allows for blocking then he can block all the trackers.

He still does not mind the sharemate to continue to torrent, he just does not want him torrenting during LofL-time. He also wishes to automate it.

If it was my house, I would be warning the person and agreeing to set times on when torrenting is allowed and not allowed. Failing at, the sharemate will be out on his arse with out a house or net connection. (Trust me, I have had no problem with doing the latter and it has been one of the reason why I do not share house any more)

Most routers and such you can have set times, or set it to 24/7. Just set it to the time period and days when he wants to shut it off and there you have it.

With the legality issues over torrenting right now I would personally just talk to the roomie about it.

Back
Top Bottom