Adding a Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

thale

Solid State Member
I have a Creative Blaster Board, and I am trying to change the (6 gig) hard drive to a 40 gig- the OS is XP Pro - however when I take out the old drive and put in the new one it won't recognize it, I have Award V4.51pgm Bios, and all the settings, and jumpers are correct, I have checked and re-checked- I know that Creative has issues with adding drives but I can't seem to get it to work - does anyone have any idea or suggestions on how I can do this???

Thanks for your help!

thale said:
I have a Creative Blaster Board, and I am trying to change the (6 gig) hard drive to a 40 gig- the OS is XP Pro - however when I take out the old drive and put in the new one it won't recognize it, I have Award V4.51pgm Bios, and all the settings, and jumpers are correct, I have checked and re-checked- I know that Creative has issues with adding drives but I can't seem to get it to work - does anyone have any idea or suggestions on how I can do this???

Thanks for your help!
:angry:

are you trying to set master and slave? or just flat out replace the old 6G?

edit**
are you going to install XP on the new drive, and try and transfer everything over?

Changing the Hard Drive completely - and this board just won't recognize any other hdd - I tried WD and Quantum- I don't know I don't get it- I think I am going to copy the 6gig onto the 40gig and then try that but I don't think that will work either Help, Help, Help, Help.

pull out all the cdroms/harddrives floppy drive. Set the harddrive to master and put it on the primary channel. Set the bios to auto :) boot and see if it finds it. Then start adding on devices, one by one, slow and steady.

Thank you - I tried removing CDroms but not the floppy, I will try again reomoving all and make sure bios is set to auto, hopefully-

thanks again

i think the moon's gravitational force has shifted it's pull on the earth ever so slightly enough that all hard drive instalations in the past 24 hours have failed to recognize the HD... how many of these threads are we going to get today? lol...

nothing personal thale, just an observation.

I looked around for some help but no luck Ill try some more.Now your saying that your bios doesn't see the hard drive.Is the bios set to auto detect.Check with support to see if the Bios can take a larger hard drive although it should i would think.

Yeah the bios doesnt detect it at all - and you know this is just sad because truthfully this job should have took me no more than an hour here I am on day 4 .....DAY FOUR......day @#$%$#@# 4!
Unbelievable

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom