Adding a hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

thale

Solid State Member
I have a Creative Blaster Board, and I am trying to change the (6 gig) hard drive to a 40 gig- the OS is XP Pro - however when I take out the old drive and put in the new one it won't recognize it, I have Award V4.51pgm Bios, and all the settings, and jumpers are correct, I have checked and re-checked- I know that Creative has issues with adding drives but I can't seem to get it to work - does anyone have any idea or suggestions on how I can do this???

Thanks for your help!

So you are taking out the old drive with xp pro and adding a new harddrive with nothing on it right? If so, ain't nothing going to happen. You need to install xp again.

Yes I would need to do that but before that happens the system would have to recognize the drive which is my question??

Use a boot floppy or CD ROM (make sure computer is set to boot from CD ROM before HD) if you use the CD ROM. Format and partition the hard drive and you will be good to go. I am really surprised that you had Win XP Pro installed on a 6 Gig HD, or do you mean that you are putting in the 40 Gig and installing the Win XP Pro OS? I am not familiar with your Creative Board, but if it only had a 6 Gig HD, I will have to assume that it is really old. Win XP does have system minimum requirements and your system may not meet these requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom