Adding another plug to a IDE ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
Can some1 tell me in detailed steps how to add another plug/connector to a IDE ribbon...all i know is that they just snap together, but im sure u cant just do it any old way...i want to add 2 more plugs to a ribbon so i can have 4 cd drives (then i wont hafta switch game cds) im lazy hehe thanx

also, i have a fan i ripped from a old computer i trashed...it is a 2 wire dealie with a short wire, i was wondering if i could splice extension wires onto the curret ones (the plug slot is 2 far from back of case fan hole) Is this possible to do?

you can't add IDE connectors to a ide cable...your computer will only see 2 devices on each cable, if you wanted to do more than 2 devices on a line you'd have to use SCSI or get a few external drives, or you could use Alcohol 120% and add up to Z(however many drive letters you have left available, or you could buy a PCI IDE controller and add the capability of 4 more drives(typically these only work with Hard drives but not CD Drives)

its so you can add other 5.25 inch devices, they make fans, and radios and hard drive selectors, or if you were to add an IDE controller or something to it.

you could connect another wire to it, but if you're planning on plugging it into a 3 pin fan plug i dunno if it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom