Added ram but comp seems slower

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoxx2898

Solid State Member
OK i have a P4 2.6C with a Intel D865PERL mobo..... for the longest time i have been running one stick of 512 in dimm a while leaving dimm b open and then on the other 2 dims have 2x of 256..... well recently i added another stick of 512 to make a dual pair of 512 and 256..... now it seems like my computer lags on doin stuff exe. startup is alot slower and takes time to bring up items i have clicked on....

The ram in question is Kingston DDR PC-2700

Any advice?

I also have...
ATI 9800
40 GigHD Maxtor 7200 (its no full and i havent changed anything since i put the ram in)

if you add 2 different RAM disks together (like diff brand, speed or type), it can sometimes make it slower; it happens a lot more on DDRRAM than SDRAM though.

ok....... i mean the type of ram in question..... there all the same speed and brand... i have 2x of 512 and 2x of 256

2x512+2x256=1536MB...
Do your Bios recognize 1536MB on your system ram? And you can see it?
If not, sure thing is your PC will run slower. Try to remove and plug them again, try to exchange them on the slots each other...and let the bios check.
Hope this solve your problem!!

Doesnt yout computer usually say somthing at boot up .... like you have more ram or someting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom