Actual CPU frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEATH-INCARNATE said:
oh and everyone is allowed to practise free speech here caseyc.
At least ReinisFMF knows now that he should consider AMD alot more seriously before making a choice. So senseless did contribute something that could help ReinisFMF in the future.

In case you hadn't noticed, there are rules against posting comments that don't have any relevancy or common-sense.

I've used Intel CPUs since 1992, and never had such a problem. I just recently (1 month ago) started using an AMD solely for the 64-bit architecture, and haven't had a problem with it either. The only reason I upgraded was because my P4 2.0 was getting old, otherwise I'd still be using it and be problem free.

Buying AMD will not solve all problems, nor is it specific to solving this thread. Therefore, no, he didn't help anyone, and neither are you. You're only making the problem worse.

Buying an AMD will not make your Intel CPU run at 3.0GHz where it should be.

I'd suggest running CPU-Z (link here) and posting the results... I can try to help from there.

Well what it may be just that your memory speeds are slowing down your FSB. Do you know the speed of the memory installed?

caseyc said:
Buying an AMD will not make your Intel CPU run at 3.0GHz where it should be.

I'd suggest running CPU-Z (link here) and posting the results... I can try to help from there.

This is a good idea.

In your BIOS, you FSB should be 200 (or 200x4). Your multiplier should be 15.

Sometimes they can change by themselves. Running CPU will give you a definate clockspeed as windows easily gets it wrong.

Also, we all know AMD is better, but this is about an intel CPU and we are helping him, not saying how much better AMD is. Don't post stuff like that Senseless.

That would be it. You are using PC2700 memory (which equals 170MHz) and the FSB is limited to that. Using PC3200 memory will fix your problem.

Replace your memory with PC3200. If you are satisfied with your current performance, dont bother. But if you want a little more power, then you might have to get new RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom