ActiveX virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
last night i was looking at videos on the internet from some "off name" sites and i found a video that looked like exactly what i was looking for except it said it had to download an activeX plugin, but it wasnt then normal windows bar it was a download button on the video. Now i am computer savvy and have never had a serious virus so this was my bad i never should have clicked on it ,i wasnt thinking.

Immediatly the computer went nuts and directed me to a security site with about a dozen spyware scanner downloads which i automatically recognised as viruses also. It made a folder under program files call "video activex access" and now windows explorer will not stay on more than 10 seconds as soon as i boot up a box says explorer has stopped working and restarts the program only to do the same thing 10sec later and so on. I also had a bar under the address bar on my internet explorer that said security level 4.0

So far i have ran spybot SD which found the virus, AVG which found nothing, ccleaner which deleted the cookie, and avast which enabled me to delete the video activex access folder that used to say i had to have permission to delete. Now this got rid of the redirect page on internet explorer and the toolbar, but the windows explorer issue still remains. The rest of the stuff is gone to the best of my knowlege. I can still browse my computer and the internet fine but it has to be done through cmd and iexplorer windows, the task bar or desktop icons cant be used except for the 10 sec theyre working.

Has anyone else had this virus? What else should i do? I am on the verge of reformatting and starting over. I am out of school now so i have the time on my hands to do this, but its not high on my list of things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom