ABS II Indicating 75 deg. C

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian1024

Solid State Member
I just bought this computer: Amd Athlon 1600 running at 1400 mhz, with 512 mb ram, 80 gb hdd, geforce 2 mx 400 with 32 mb, Soltek motherboard.
While taking a look at the temperatures reported in bios, i've noticed the ABS II temperature which was indicating about 75 degrees C. There were 2 others: Cpu Temp: 50 deg. C and Temperature 2: 42 deg. C. I would like to know what's that ABS II thing about, cuz my other systems don't indicate this. I've tried touching the heatsink while benchmarking the cpu, and it didn't seemed too hot. I've read on other forums that absii shows the temperature taken at the die, and it's ussualy of about 70-85 degrees.

I'm also reading these temperatures in mbm5 and seem to be the same as the ones in bios. While running the benchmark i've noticed that both ABS II and CPU Temp sensors were raising from 75 c - 48 to about 80 - 52 while the Temp.2 indicator was still indicating 42 deg. Sorry for my bad english. Please help. It looks safe to me but i just want to know other's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom