about temps & cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
anyone use or recommend a pci fan blower such as this one?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ante.../sem/rpsm/oid/70187/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I am thinking about buying one but I've heard someone say that they didn't like them because they sit right next to the fan on your video card, and it puts strain on the GPU fan going down to have another fan blowing back into it. I hope that makes sense.

56 C is my idle temp on my video card, is that high? I'll post temps later tonight after an hour or two of gaming.

pci blower suck air out of the case, which lowers the ambient temps and doesn't help you that much

get a zalman v-700AlCu instead (or an nvsilencer, but i dont know how good they are)

them blowers are a waste of money. they blow air out but if u think hot air rises so this thing at the bottom of ur case is gonna be blowing the cold air out rather than the hot air u want rid off. the wouls be decent if pushed air the other way ie direct onto ur video card but the way they are is just daft. i would recommend the nv silencer. ive got one on my 6600gt and it dropped temps down to 40Cish.

I put one of those things in my box last year when I was having major heat issues. They're cute aren't they. I can't say it made any difference but for the ten bucks I spent I'd like to think that maybe it's helping a little bit.:)

As lots say, and right from your site
Cyclone blower: Cools the area around your expansion cards, making your equipment last longer and perform more efficiently. Provides low-noise, high-velocity cooling and fits into any expansion slot.
It probably won't help with temps much, only the surrounding air. It might, however, help keep the dust particles not laying on your equiptment.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom