About ATI's x9 Series...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they'll have to drop sometime... why not then?
I can see them not dropping, though, considering higher performance, previous-gen cards still fetch quite a bit.

I'm anxious for prices to drop a hair in the 9800 series. I could use one of those suckers for AOE III this novemberish. I think I'll definatly wait until then though.

Ryan

Yeah, a 6600GT really is probably the best deal out there right now. It's hitting the sub-150 dollar range, which is very very affordable.

totally agreed on the 6600 GT.
I would advise, that if anything, get a 6800 GT when the prices drop. with the 6000 series cards vs ATI X series cards, the 6000 series cards are in the lead (with the exception of the 6200 "Turbocache" model)

Dude if your gonna buy a 9800 then buy a 6600GT for cheaper and twice the performance.
If you're going to exagerate things, at least make a realistic exageration.

Both the 6600GT and 9800 Pro are relatively similar cards, with small differences between instruction sets, memory interface, and generation. The 6600GT is indeed the better performer for the cheaper price, but to suggest such a ridiculous statistic as double the performance is blatant bias, or just plain ignorance

Yeah, we get off topic very easily.

I hear they were having some problems on the chip... maybe heat issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom