Abit NF7 won't recog monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mynf7

Beta member
Thanks for your consideration in advance....

Monitor is blank. I'm building a computer and my ABit NF7S will not recognize the monitor. I'm using AGP GeForce XFX 5200 8x....It is seated properly and is 1.5 volts. I presently have it installed in the VGA port, although I've read it can go in PCI slot. Any suggestions?

No beeps... so I assume memory is good (333 PC2100 256DDR)..... and CPU?

Any diagnostic progression I should pursue???

Try a different video card in that computer and/or try a different monitor on that pc. Or you can try that video card in a different pc, or try a different monitor on that pc.

if there isnt any beep, means ur CPU has problem.

it wont though will fit into PCI, its AGP 8X card, not even AGP1X, that u can adjust it anywhere else.

Yeah, AGP doesn't fit in PCI at all and it's not your motherboard not recognizing the monitor, as that never happens, a computer doesnt recognize a monitor, it recognizes the hardware that sends the signal to the monitor. Like what's been said though above, and power goes to it with no beeps, no signals, no nothin, then it's either CPU is bad, seated wrong, or the motherboard is bad.

Did you clear the CMOS before installing the CPU or have you tried clearing the CMOS at all? If you read the manual it says it's best to clear the CMOS before installing a new mobo or CPU in the mobo

BTW:
(333 PC2100 256DDR)
That doesn't exist, PC2100 RAM is 266FSB not 333. 333 is PC2700 RAM and it's known as DDR333 or in your case if you have PC2100 then it's DDR266 and it's 256mb, so all in all you have 256mb stick of PC2100(DDR266) memory.

Clear CMOS, if that doesn't work, reseat the processor, if that doesn't work, try it without the processor in it to try and see if you get some beep codes, if you do then it's the processor, if not then it's the motherboard, also make sure your motherboard isn't grounding out on the case

my xp recognizes my monitor thru my nvidia card so i dunno what ur talking about, windows update sure knew when i changed monitors wanting me install the viewsonic specific driver for it and yes ur pc should beep when u start it. im guessing u got a bad board or cpu altho i havent seen very many cpus crap out as long as there not abused. had a nasty power surge at my house not too long ago that went thru 2 surge protectors(to my pc), blew 3 cordless phones in my house, lights bulbs, an alarm clock and blew the board in my pc, never touched the processor tho

my xp recognizes my monitor thru my nvidia card so i dunno what ur talking about, windows update sure knew when i changed monitors wanting me install the viewsonic specific driver for it
Yeah exactly what I said, through the video card, the hardware. It reads all the monitor information, but obviously this isn't a case of it not recognizing a monitor because that DOESN"T happen. Your computer does not need to recoqnize your monitor, XP may need to, but your computer does not. That's what I'm talking about

Computer turns on, but nothing on monitor

Thanks for your suggestions. I have another cpu I'll try, but I don't have another vieo card.

I don't have anything on the HD, as everything inside is new. I have not had a video card installed, so I have not cleared the CMOS. Should I still do that?

Everything is brand new... Thanks for your suggestions.
Marc

take the vid card out and plug your monitor into your intergrated graphics. That's another way to see if your vid card has problems.
Good Luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom