Abit NF7-S v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gospel

In Runtime
I was upgrading my mobo to the Abit NF7-S and keep getting a blue screen error "IRQL not less or equal". I have taken the mobo out and re-installed the old one and everything works fine. I've tried many different Bios settings, but nothing works. I've googled and it seems many people have problems with Nforce2 chipsets, but those that get them to work say they are great.

I've backed up everthing to my second HD and tried doing a completely new installation of Win XP but it gets to the "loading windows screen" and then gives me the error message. The error message says more than "IRQL not less or equal" but that is the only specific thing it says. It also says that some hardware conflicts may have occurred. I've tried taking everything out except for one HD and the video card and it still won't boot. Anyone got any ideas?

It also says to run a diagnostic utility that came with your hardware, but how can I do this if Windows won't load? How can I install the new board's drivers if Windows won't load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom