Abit AV8 3rd Eye Sensor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I have talked with a few people who said my board has sensor problems. After that night i got my system to 2.8ghz "windows stable". My temps have been sky high. When i boot up, they are from 55-65 degrees celcius, with my cooling at max. Obviously something is wrong. So this is what i did to try and determine the problem.

As most of you know, i also have a 3500 newcastle. I installed it and checked the temps. Its booting up at around 49-52 degrees celcius. So now i know its not my 4000, because before this temp problem. My 4000 was 18-20 degrees celcius at boot up/IDLE. Obviously a clawhammer runs hot especially at a high operating frequency. Note i am running stock speeds. All my other temps are at its usual state. Yes i have checked my BIOS, i hope no one was thinking i was stupid enough not too.....lol

But the problem remains i have no freaking clue what my REAL cpu temp is! Which also means i cant OC, to much of a risk. Its been 3 weeks with my system down, since windows got corrupted and i cant fix my computer. Since my friend has my cd. But im not worryed about that.

Is there anyway to replace a temp sensor? Im positive their anit. Also dont recommend me to DL any kind of program to check my temps. Because as we all know, they work from your integrated sensor.

well I'd say that that 18-20 celcius was a BS temp, and these high ones might be the real temperatures honestly....but no I don't believe theres a way to really fix your sensor.

Your only option is to get a little thermal probe. sidewindercomputers.com has em for $15, I have one for my NB that works pretty dang good.

Nubius, but i dont have stock cooling. So why would i have a 4000 running at 65 degrees celcius? Now pretend i had stock cooling, i would have a processor running at 85 degrees celcius... Get what i mean? So if i lost my cooling system, my computer wouldent even start. Because it would be so hot. So i dont think its my cooling system.

oh I was looking mainly at where it said 42-52C and was thinking that was full load.

Well still it seems about all you could do is get a thermal probe unless they have some BIOS fix for it or something

I'll look into a BIO's flash. Trying to fix this problem before i install my OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom