Re: A940 error code
1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
2. Lift the printer's front cover.
NOTE: The ink cartridge should be in the up/loading position unless the printer is busy.
1. Squeeze the tabs on the cartridge lids and lift the cartridge lids up. The cartridge pops up when the lid is fully lifted.
2. Remove the cartridges.
3. Check and make sure that all of the protective tape has been removed from the contacts on the ink cartridge.
4. Replace the cartridges.
5. Snap the lids closed.
6. Close the printer's front cover.
7. When prompted on the printer's LCD to choose New or Old, choose Old.
8. Press the Select button.
This was from Dell's website