A8N-SLI Problems?? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satnam

Solid State Member
Hello, Everyone..

I am building a new amd computer with following spec..

Motherboard:: A8N-SLI Deluxe
CPU:: AMD 3500+
Memory:: 1 stick of 512MB at initial
Modem Bestdata 56HP92-SL

Here is how I bulid the system..

At intial install of OS only the Mouse, Keyboard, DVDROM, Floopy was in the system.. (no modem installed in PCI slot)

Os installed fine no problem.. Then i loadded all of the motherbord driver followed by video card driver.. (system was restart after each download of driver)..

Then shut off the system and Installed PCI modem and restart the system.. Installed the driver and try to run it.. Modem picked up the phone but did not dial a number and COmputer freezed and Blue screen showed up.. and same problem everytime...

This time modem was sharing IRQ18 with Video card.. Should not modem and video card has it own IRQ? I don't want to manual set all of the IRQ because I don't know great knowlege of IRQ.. System can do better job of assigning all of the IRQ.. I noticed that modem always seemed be shared IRQ with some other device, which might be casuse of problem..

Is there any was slove this problem?

This is the 4th time i reinstalled the OS and same problem with modem.. Modem work fine on different AMD and Intel computer fine..

Anyone else had this problem with AMD systems? how can i slove this problem..

Thanks for all help!!

You may try installing the modem on a different PCI slot, that may reassign a different IRQ to the device.

If that fails, I don't think there is anything else you can do without manually assigning the IRQ, Windows will just keep giving it the same one which will conflict with your video card.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager

Select the device and manually assign the appropriate IRQ. You may have to install the hardware abstraction layer in order to be able to manually assign IRQs.

Is there any online site which can provide me with information about assigning IRQ manually?

I tried all of the PCI slots.. Seem like all of the PCI has shared IRQ with another device.. I will try to all slots again just to double check..

Is there anyway without manually assiging IRQ, I can tell system Not to give modem IRQ to another device?

Does anyone else has this problem with this motherboard? and how did you sloved it?

well, just manuallly change it in da bios lol itz easy.

-------------------------------------------------------
Desktop Specs:
Custom Built
Gigabyte GA-6VEM Mainboard
Intel Celeron 1.3 GHz O'C to 1.56 GHz
VIA Chipsets
1x 256 Shared SDRAM PC133 Memory
1x 8 MB Intregrated Graphics Trident Video Accelerator Promedia/3D
1x Motorola 56K Spekerphone Modem
1x Maxtor 80 Gigabyte Harddrive ATA133
1x LG CD-Rewriter 52x24x52x
1x Samsung CD-ROM 48x
1x Friggin' crappy floppy drive
AC'97 Audio Integrated
Cool Master Heatsink/Fan (6027 RPM!)
300 Watts Sunny Electronics Power Supply
Windows XP Professional SP2 Build 2600
Windows 98 Second Edition
Diskeeper
TuneUp Utilities 2004
Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6.0 PRO
McAfee VirusScan PRO
McAfee Desktop Firewall

Laptop Specs:
Compaq Evo 1000c

Windows XP Professional SP2 2600
1x CD-RW/DVD-ROM 24x12x24x16

2 lazy 2 type it all

In bios,, I see IRQ-3, IRQ4, IRQ7, IRQ9,IRQ10 - IRQ12, IRQ14, and IRQ15..

I am not sure which Prority assign to what .??

Any good website which can provide this information..??

I will try reload the OS again and set IRQ myself...

Before I start on that Need some information...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom