a7v8x bios problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer37

Beta member
I have had this pc for about a year and a half now. About 6mths ago I installed a second hd on the primary connector cable, and set it to be a slave. so I now had 2 maxtor hard drives, one about 80gb, and one about 46gb. I also have a dvdr/cdr combo drive, and a dvd drive on the secondary cable, or i did have. My power supply died, and I had to install another one. Since then my computer tends to forget it has the 80gb hard drive in it whenever it chooses, it sometimes goes for months, sometimes less then a week, and I move the drive from the first connector on the primary ide cable to the second connector, etc etc. After taking it to the "shop" where I purchased it from, I had this pc built to my specs, and they changed some jumper settings to cable select, and they said it was fixed, ha ha it is to laugh! It lasted about one week, and then poof forgot the 80gb hd was there. I did a low-level format of the 80gb hd, and then installed XP pro, its a legal copy too, it worked for a few mins or so, and then poof prob occurs again. I did some drive relocating, and finally put in a diff cable for the primary ide connector and not the one that came with the motherboard. I also put the 46gb hd on the secondary connector and connected the dvd combo drive on the same cable, set the dvd combo drive to master and the 46 gb hd to slave, no problem there. As of right now the 80gb hd is the only device on the primary connector cable, but i am so worried that this will happen again, as it always seem to. Can anyone offer suggestions or ask me for more info to help me and i will gladly post it.

Signed,
frustrated user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom